PublicationGreat news! New paper accepted at ISWC-2020!!!
TeachingStudents can book a live-appointment through Meetingbird!
GrantAI4ESCO: a new EU Project (granted by EURES) to make a data-driven bridge between taxonomies through AI
PublicationGraphDBLP has been released with a Web-GUI, check-it out or have a look to the ECML-PKDD 2019 paper!
Some Events I’m involved in
- AAAI-21 Program Committee
- AAAI-21 Doctoral Consortium and Student Program Committees
- IJCAI-PRICAI-20 Program Committee
- IJCAI-PRICAI-XAI-20 Program Committee
- AAAI-20 Program Committee
- AAAI-20 Doctoral Consortium and Student Program Committees
- ICAPS-20 Program Committee
- CD-MAKE-XAI 2020 Program Committee
- ACM-SAC-20 Track Chair
- BI&Big Data Analytics (lecturer)
- [2016-present] Assistant Professor at University of Milan-Bicocca
- [2010-present] Member of CRISP Research Centre, Milan, Italy
- [2011-2016] PostDoc at University of Milan-Bicocca
- [2017-2018] Partner at TabulaeX Ltd (formerly spin-off company of Unimib) working on BI and Big Data Analytics. TabulaeX is now part of the Burning Glass Group
- [2015-2016] Visiting Researcher at King’s College London, AI Planning Group, UK
My research interests include
- Artificial Intelligence: eXplainable AI, interpretable models, local and global interpretation, explanation through symbolic approaches
- Data Science: data quality and data cleaning, vector-space models, word-embeddings, ontology learning, Graph-database algorithms
- AI Planning [formerly]: domain-independent planning, temporal continuous planning, planning in mixed discrete-continuous domains, planning in hybrid domain
- UPMurphi is a tool for planning with linear and nonlinear continuous PDDL+ models with processes and events. It also handles huge state spaces through a disk-based algorithm
- DiNo A Planner built on top of UPMurphi that employs graph-based heuristics to speed-up the plan synthesis (leaded by “Planning Group” at King’s College London)
- GraphDBLP is a tool that models (and enriches) DBLP as a graph database for performing graph-based queries and social network analyses
Granted Ongoing Research Projects
I have been working on the following granted reserch projects, that allow me putting my research on AI and XAI into practice. (see Project)
- [2020-2021] A Data Driven Bridge Towards ESCO using AI Algorithms. Granted by EURES (call EaSI-EURES VP/2019/010).
- [2016-2020] Real-time Labour Market information on Skill Requirements: Setting up the EU system for online vacancy analysis granted by Cedefop EU Agency
- [2018-2020] SLEM Smart Legal Management granted by MIUR as PON project to process unstructured documents to to reduce legal risk through AI.
- [2016-2020] The Observatory of Digital Competences, granted by the Italian Unions of ICT (Assinform, Assintel, Assinter) with support of AgiD (Agenzia Italia Digitale) and MIUR.
- [2019-2020] ”Digital innovation: Big Data and Labour Market Information - SP EMPL” - granted by ETF (The European Training Foundation).
-  PhD in Computer Science and Applications Dept of Computer Science, University of L’Aquila, Italy. Advisors: prof. Giuseppe Della Penna (University of L’Aquila, Italy) and prof. Daniele Magazzeni (King’s College London, UK). Topics: AI Planning, Model Checking and Data Quality.
-  Master Degree in Computer Science and Application University of L’Aquila, Italy. Advisor: prof. Giuseppe Della Penna and prof. Daniele Magazzeni. Topics: AI Planning Control Theory and Model Checking. Maximum score/summa cum laude.
- [2010-present] Lecturer at University of Milano-Bicocca. Topics: Python, SQL, NoSQL Data Stores, Business Intelligence, eXplainable AI, Text Mining
- [2010-present] Teaching Assistant at University of Milano-Bicocca. Topics: Python, Database, SQL
Please visit my Teaching page for further details
-  Research Talent Award I’ve received the first prize at the YoungTalentAward 2019 in collaboration with Accademia Nazionale Lincei in the Computer Science, Engineering & Mathematics area. “for his contribution on applying AI to labour market for describing and predicting labour market phenomena”
-  ASN - Associate Professor in Computer Science National Scientific Qualification for the position of Associate Professor in Computer Science, ANVUR
-  FFABR Research Grant for research productivity provided by Italian Ministry of research “Finanziamento annuale individuale delle attività base di ricerca” [Grants provided on a competitive basis aimed at funding research activities]
-  Best Paper Award at the Third International Conference on Data Technologies and Applications, Vienna, Austria, 29-31, 2014
-  Best Paper Award at the Third International Workshop, Human Computer Interaction – Knowledge Discovery 1-3 Luglio, Maribor, Slovenia, 2013
Service in International Journals (Selection)
- (AICom) Associate Editor of AI Communications
- Artificial Intelligence
- Applied Soft Computing
- Applied Intelligence
- Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing
- Future Generation Computer System
- Knowledge-Based Systems
- Computers in Industry
Program committee membership (Selection)
- (AAAI) AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (since 2016)
- (IJCAI) International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2016, 2017, 2020)
- (ICAPS) International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling (since 2016)
- ACM/SIGAPP Symposium On Applied Computing (since 2018)
- Data Technology and Application Conference (since 2014)
Room 2042 - U7 Building - Department of Statistics and Quantitative Methods / CRISP Research Centre, University of Milan-Bicocca Viale dell’Innovazione 10 - Milan - Italy